Health and fitness tips to make the most of your sober month!
Tips on cutting down after your Sober October
By Go Sober Team on
Carry on your good work from October through to November and beyond. Here are some practical tips if you want to try to cut down on the amount of alcohol you’re drinking.
- Before you start drinking, quench your thirst with a non-alcoholic drink
- Drink slowly – have a drink of water with your alcoholic drink
- Make every second drink non-alcoholic – this will help space out your drinks.
- Eat food when you’re drinking, but avoid salty foods – these make you thirstier.
- Try to dilute your alcoholic drinks – for example, a shandy (beer with lemonade) or a wine spritzer (wine with mineral water).
- Designate at least two alcohol-free days a week
- Know your standard drinks – buy an alcohol measure for at home
- One standard drink equals:
- 285 ml of beer (one glass of beer)
- 100 ml of wine (one small glass of wine)
- 30 ml of spirits (one measure of spirits)
- Try not to use alcohol as a stress relief. Read our tips on managing stress without alcohol.