About > Benefits of Going Sober
Sober October Beneficts
Becoming a Soberhero might not mean you get to wear a cape (although you can if you want to) but going sober does come with many benefits, all whilst changing the lives of people with cancer.
Perks of going sober
- Helping people living with cancer. By taking part in Sober October and raising money, you are helping Macmillan to do whatever it takes to support people from the moment of cancer diagnosis.
- More time on your hands. You’ll have time to fit in a morning gym class or weekend run, check out the breakfast menu at a new restaurant or learn something new once you’ve banished those horrible hangovers.
- Better sleeping pattern. You’ll wake up with a spring in your step and increased energy levels – who knows what greatness you could achieve?!
- A happier bank balance. By giving those alcoholic drinks a miss, just think how much you’ll save!
- A healthier you. With a clearer head, clearer skin and free from hangovers, you’ll be feeling on top of the world.
Benefits of going sober
Help people with cancer
A clearer head
Sense of achievement
So, there you have it... prepare to reset and get back on track with a clear mind, productive weekends, and to raise money for people living with cancer.
Sober October is an 18+ fundraising campaign aimed at challenging social drinkers to change their habits for a month and make some healthy lifestyle changes. We would encourage people to drink responsibly and stick to the recommended daily guidelines for the rest of the year. We advise heavy drinkers or people dependent on alcohol to speak with their GP before signing up to Sober October.