Check out our Wellbeing Hub with Health and fitness tips to make the most of your sober month!
Cacao Coconut Rough Balls
By Karen McLean on
It’s SNACK TIME!!! These cacao coconut rough balls are the easiest snacks to make and are perfect for chocoholics, like me!!! Throw it all into a blender and roll them up into bite-size energy balls. It’s as simple as that!! There is much hype about cacao and I am absolutely crazy for it!!
Cacao is the raw unprocessed for of cocoa and is considered a “super-food”. The benefits of cacao are phenomenal: rich in antioxidants, contains essential vitamins and minerals, promotes healthy skin, mood enhancing… intense chocolate flavour!! I’m addicted to this stuff!! I love the combination of chocolate and coconut and these balls are packed full of goodies, which will keep you energised throughout the day! Even possibly bouncing up and down the walls!! YIPPEE!! 😉
( Makes 20 balls)
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tbsp water
- ⅔ cup buckinis
- Lightly toast desiccated coconut in a pan on low heat until lightly toasted and aromatic.
- Add all ingredients except for buckinis to a food processor and pulse until sticky when pressed between the fingers.
- Add buckinis and pulse a few times until mixed through. Be careful not to over pulse.
- Grab a tablespoon of mixture and roll into balls.
- Finally, roll the balls into desiccated coconut and place in an airtight container in the fridge.
These will keep for around 2 weeks in the fridge.
Enjoy your “Bouncy” energy balls! 😉
Recipe courtesy of Secret Squirrel