Health and fitness tips to make the most of your sober month!
By NHS Choices on
Preparation: 15 minutes.
Cooking: 45 minutes.
- Olive oil or vegetable oil (1 tbsp)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Tomato purée (1 tbsp)
- 1 medium chilli, chopped
- Chilli, coriander, cumin and turmeric powder (¼ tsp of each)
- Chicken breast, chopped (250g/9oz)
- Natural yoghurt (1 tbsp)
- Black pepper to taste
- Basmati rice (130g/4½oz)
- Cauliflower (160g/5½oz)
- 1 cube of ginger (10mm/½ inch), finely chopped
- Fresh coriander (1 tbsp)
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick saucepan or frying pan, and fry the onions until soft. Add the garlic, tomato, tomato purée, chopped chilli and spices. Cook for a few minutes. Then add two tablespoons of water and allow to reduce.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10–15 minutes on a medium heat. Then add in the yoghurt, stirring slowly. Season with black pepper and simmer for a further 5–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice following the packet instructions and boil or steam the cauliflower until tender.
- Garnish the curry with ginger and coriander, and serve with rice and cauliflower.
Republished from Macmillan Cancer Support