Health and fitness tips to make the most of your sober month!
Top Skincare Tips from Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisor Aliyah Mughal
By Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisor Aliyah Mughal on
There are so many benefits to looking after your skin, and a big benefit of going booze-free for the month is that your skin will thank you for it.
Aliyah Mughal has been a Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisor since 2016. Boots Macmillan Beauty Advisors are No7 Advisors trained by Macmillan and Boots to give face to face advice to help people cope with visible side effects of cancer. From defining sparse brows and lashes to caring for nails that are suddenly more brittle, they offer lots of tips to help people feel, and look, more like themselves again.
Suddenly the colder weather is upon us, so having dryness and getting dreaded spots is very common right now. Let’s get stuck in with Aliyah’s top tips for healthier skin this Sober October:
- Always cleanse every morning, whether it be a foaming face wash to really purify the skin or a simple gel wash to gently clean the skin.
- Toning is also essential after cleansing to lift away any impurities your cleanser didn't reach or get to.
- Always moisturise no matter what! No7 offer a huge range of options from gel creams to SPFs ranging from 15 to 50. We have a great range also with pollution shield technology which helps to protect the skin against everyday pollutants like heating, air conditioning and walking in the air.
- Try and always wash your face with cold water as this is a natural toner and hot water can damage the skin and cause redness.
- Cleansing your skin at night is the most important as your skin is awake during the night. So double cleansing is super important as well as using a serum or oil to hydrate and restore goodness back into your skin.
- Protect your under eyes too. It's a thinnest part of your face and can sometimes be neglected. So using an eye cream or gel cream around the bone of the eye will help to hydrate tired eyes and keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay.